Jaggery, known locally as ‘Gud’ has been an important part of the Indian diet since centuries. It has always held special significance in Ayurveda due to its countless properties. We at Farm to Fellas traditionally make jaggery by boiling concentrated sugarcane juice until a thick, brown mass is obtained that hardens on cooling, without the addition of chemicals or other toxic additives. What makes it truly stand apart from others is minimal processing while simultaneously enabling the retention of viable nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, potassium and numerous vitamins.
We at Farm to Fellas, take immense pride in being a part of the very few people aimed at bringing the experience of pure, hygienic and responsibly procured products from our farms to your dining tables. Our unyielding commitment to using traditional techniques boasts of the hard work put in by our dedicated farmers and villagers, especially rural women, rather than the mechanically processed items that fill the shelves of markets today. Our efforts are directed towards empowering the ones growing our food and ensuring they get a fair price for their relentless toil.
Our Jaggery is a product we manufacture with due respect to the traditional Ayurvedic way. Carefully processed from the Indian Sugarcane variety cultivated by our dedicated farmers from Chhattisgarh, the jaggery is produced in a strictly chemical-free way. It is common for many companies manufacturing jaggery to employ the use of chemicals to separate the impurities from the product. But we at Farm to Fellas use organic resin instead, thereby creating a safer and chemical-free product ensuring you consume the purest jaggery there is. We believe in staying close to our roots and using tools to help our hands and not machines to replace them.
Jaggery has always been revered in Ayurveda owing to all the benefits it imparts on its consumption. A few of them have been listed below:
- It contains the goodness of iron since it is made in large iron vessels, keeping deficiency of this essential micronutrient at bay.
- Known to impart anti-toxic and anti-carcinogenic benefits
- Proven to efficiently cleanse several organs of our body such as the lungs, stomach, intestines and the oesophagus.
- Useful in relieving various respiratory tract disorders such as asthma, common flu and chest congestion
- Aids in reversing the ill effects caused by constant exposure to air-pollution.